i am writing an essay for school an presenting it in front of my class and i was wanting to put it on my blog so here you are
Speech #1 “all about me”
Indonesia. America. Mexico. Some of these seem close to home, some seem exotic, but none of us ever have the same experiences when we visit different cities. I would like to tell you all about my trips I have taken during my life. From when I went to Atlanta, Georgia, to when I went to California and, finally, the land of eternal summer, Indonesia.
One time, when I was 8 months old I went to Atlanta, Georgia, because my parents were leaders in a YWAM sort of camp. People were there from all over the world : Africa, Hawaii, Korea, and North America. I interviewed my parents about it and they told me “we camped on a dusty campground with a bunch of spoiled Korean kids”. There was on day when all of the different cultures did a special dance and sold traditional clothing and instruments. I don’t remember any of this but I have a lot of cool pictures.
Another time when I was 1 year old I travelled down the Oregon coast to go camping with my aunt and uncle, my cousin, and my parents. My cousin Angeline and I were apparently great except for an incident on the way back. We were at a restaurant and my cousin and I were stabbing each other with forks. My mom and my uncle had gone to the bathroom while my dad and my aunt were sitting at the table wishing they were somewhere else. Eventually it got so bad that my aunt said in a loud voice so that everyone could hear “this is the last time we are taking auntie jenny’s kids out ever the funny thing about that is that is that my auntie jenny wasn’t even married yet let alone having kids. I don’t remember any of these trips but they have good stories and I like them.
Did you ever go on any big trips when you were in junior school? I sure did! For example, my first big trip was when I went to California Disney land. Did you know that 25% of our class’ favorite ride is the Hollywood tower of terror? I didn’t! One very special thing about this trip was that this was the first time in about nine years that I had been on a plane. I was in Disney land with my cousins and my grandma and grandpa, which made this trip a lot more fun. One time we all went to a restaurant called the rainforest café. The next day almost all of us were sick. On the way back from the restaurant threw up (blech) on a lady’s shoe yikes! Thank goodness she was a nice lady! I think that was one of the funnest trips that I have ever been on.
Secondly, when I was in 5th grade I went to Mexico. It was on a mission’s trip that my parents were organizing. We drove down to Mexico via Washington, Oregon, and California. That was defiantly the longest car ride I have ever taken. We drove in two 15 seater vans and, in California we picked up our friend Arturo. We stayed overnight at his house and got to see his pomegranate tree. The next morning we drove to Tijuana where we met up with the missionary’s with whom we were doing the project. We drove down to a little town called Punta Colonet which is on the west coast f the Baja. That is where we stayed. One day we went to a drug rehab centre and played baseball with the ex druggies. Afterwards we went to a beach and I saw a flock of pelicans passing by. On the way back, on the Canadian American border Arturo didn’t have the proper paper work to get back into the country so he had to stay and get his visa. We were all really worried but in the end he got in fine. Those were some of my favorite trips that I have been on.
Have you ever taken a life changing trip that you will never forget? Well I am going to tell you about mine and then some. When my family moved from Canada to Indonesia we had an eight hour layover in San Francisco. While we were there, we were really tired and had to sleep on the floor of the airport. I think it was one of the most boring times of my life. Later, on the plane, I slept for a third of th ride but when I woke up I ended up just watching movies. In the last half hour of the flight my mom started talking to the family in front of us. It turned out they were also going to teach at SPH. It was the Weeda’s. During our 36 hour layover in Singapore, Eric and I started talking and learned a bunch about each other. Also we were acting as tourists and did almost everything we could do in that period of time
My favorite vacation in Indonesia was probably when I went to Puncak during the Christmas holidays with my parent, my grandparents, Eric’s family, his grandparents and Mr. Poindexter. We stayed at the Riady’s house. Afterwards we went to and outlet mall and then tried out the pool at the Riady’s. It was so cold! Even for me it was cold. And I come from Canada! After that we watched napoleon dynamite and it seemed a lot funnier. The reason for this was that the subtitles on were saying something about soybean cakes. Finally on the second day we packed up and went to Taman safari where an elephant almost steped on my hand!
I hope you have enjoyed my adventures. From Atlanta to Indonesia they were all really exciting. I have told you about my trips as a baby, while I was in junior school and to when I moved to Indonesia. Have you ever had any cool trips? Thanks for listening.
well there it is hpe you enjoyed it...(if i am presenting this isnt this a speech?)
2 comments:
Hey, you make your trips sound so great that I wish I was there. Hey wait, I was! Good job.
really i wish that my stories were more detailed...
Post a Comment